5/16/07
Today was fairly uneventful, as per usual. Sure, somebody may have made a good joke, and sure, some kid might have almost given himself a concussion by thwacking his head on the side of a metal pole spinning around on a merry-go-round. Those minor things aside, today was boring.
Especially so because I have an extra class tacked onto the end of my school day. from 3:15 to about 4:15, I have a study hall. It's because I failed or am about to fail a class, and now I have extra time to do homework. If I don't do it, a teacher comes by and yells at me. This is exactly what I need to get my work done.
But as I was walking home, I saw a silver glimmer on the concrete. It was a cell phone. This excited me. I found a snippet of somebody's life, I thought. I found someone's mouth.
Looking through the owner's hundreds of contacts, I figured it might not be a good idea to go down the list and call everyone. So, I've been waiting for someone to call me instead. So far, I've gotten a call from an automated advertisement, and I've gotten a call from the cell phone owner's stepmother, who shrieked at me for (apparently) stealing the phone, and then hung up on me.
The phone sits in front of me now, and I'm afraid to answer it.

<< Home